Senior Software Developer Scala
Location: London, SW6
We are looking for a highly experienced commercial Software Developer with a passion for high quality, clarity, simplicity, and learning.
The Senior Software Developer will participate in defining technical solutions and code architectures in a close-knit, though geographically distributed, team and will be responsible for development and delivery of secure, production-ready code. The ideal candidate will be someone who genuinely enjoys writing code and has a high standard of quality in that regard.
Come and join this fast-paced organization to deliver excellent solutions for our demanding customer and operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and delivery of end to end features and projects
- To work closely with team members to take projects from conceptual design concepts through to live production deployment and support, highlighting risks and assumptions
- Review code of other developers to promote best coding practices
- Drive good architecture design
- Deliver tested, efficient and maintainable code
- Share your technical knowledge with the rest of the team to reciprocally improve skills and productivity
- Input into our agile processes to improve velocity and quality
- Compliance with company standards, policies and procedures
- Complete peer reviews to ensure high code quality standard
Qualifications, Skills, Experience Required
- An understanding and interest in functional paradigm, distributed computing and Actor Model, non-blocking APIs, message driven architecture and event sourcing. Self-motivated and proactive with strong team spirit
- Problem solver, keeping yourself up to date on the latest approaches, tools and technologies relevant to our systems and your professional development.
- Passionate about code quality
- Strong interest in emerging technologies and software processes
- Excellent task organization skills
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic in finding solutions and pushing forward the continuous improvement of our agile experience, development practices and technological stack.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in Akka, Akka-http and Cats library
- Interested in experience with principles of Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Knowledge of NoSql databases, such as Neo4j and MongoDB
- Knowledge of Solr or ElasticSearch
- Experience in microservices
- Familiarity with Docker
- AWS or similar cloud service
This role is ideal for someone who will be able to work autonomously and within a team, be able to contribute ideas to the features/products you will be developing which means you can work from high level requirements and exhibit technical leadership. This role presents an opportunity for future advancement as the company is growing rapidly.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com.